Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 72: Nervous: Anxious or apprehensive

We have been told that Frankie will be going to "the zoo" on Wednesday! That's if all goes well (all equipment is delivered in a timely manner) and Frankie behaves his cute self! Joe and I are beyond excited for this! Not only am I super excited but I am super nervous! I seriously thought I was going to throw up earlier! I was totally overwhelmed and scared there for a minute (or few hours)! I know that we will do great and everything will be just fine but this is a MAJOR step! This journey for us is still just beginning, too! We will still have to come up here for follow up appointments with the cardiologists, surgery and the neonatologists. At least we know that when we walk in, we will be walking back out with our baby.

My biggest fear.... Frankie getting sick. This is the fear that makes me the most sick to my stomach. Frankie getting an upper respiratory infection is very serious. Any cold for that matter could turn into something much worse for our little baby. So please, please PLEASE wait to come around Frankie if you have/had or have been exposed to something. I am dead serious about this matter and I will be that psycho, crazy mom about his germ exposure for awhile so please prepare yourself for it. PLEASE wash your hands before touching him and PLEASE call us before you come to visit because sometimes we are really busy with him, have had a bad day or just want time to ourselves. Especially when we first get home we are going to want to be alone with him, to get into a routine and to lay on the couch and watch t.v that we haven't done in 10 weeks. It's going to be so nice to start getting our lives back to "normal". We really truly, more than you'll ever know, thank you for understanding all of this!!!!

Frankie is still doing well today. The continuous feeds of 25ml/hr over night did not go over so well! He was way too full and over fed and was throwing up like crazy again. So, as much as it's going to suck, we will have to turn his pump off every three hours and then back on after an hour. I'm totally okay with it. It's about what is best for Frankie, not Joe and me. I'd much rather be sleep deprived than have an undernourished or throwing up kid.

All of his prescriptions and such have been ordered for us to go to "the zoo". I can't believe this is really happening. It's so surreal. Thank you all for all your prayers! They've been working so far and I know they will continue to work as we continue this amazing journey with this little fella. He gets another heart echo tomorrow to take one last look at everything before paroling. Love to you all!
PS- the video below is of Frankie hitting the toys on his mobile. I wish I could've caught him when he first started. He hit it on accident and then he kept doing it and cooing! It was awesome!

Smiling in his sleep. Dreaming of "the zoo" :)


No comments:

Post a Comment