Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 68: So much to be thankful for!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Joe and I could not be more thankful for our baby Frankie and all of our family and friends who have been our backbone of support thorough out this journey! We are beyond thankful for each of you!

Frankie had a good first Thanksgiving! He really missed being at Granny Sue and Gaga's house, but he did wear a super cute Thanksgiving outfit in the NICU!

Hannah and Granny Sue came to visit Frankie today. They hung out for awhile and brought up homemade chocolate chip cookies for the nurses. Thanks gals!

I talked with the doctor today and she said that Frankie is doing well. His last day of steroids is Friday. If he does well off of the steroids and his new feeding plan keeps going well, we should be able to go to "the zoo" mid-week to end of next week. Praying like a mad woman that this happens! We are on Frankie time, but he's been doing so well that I can foresee this happening!

Joe and I hung out with Frankie during the morning and day until we went to my mom's house in the evening for Thanksgiving dinner. It was delicious! We're so used to eating crap cafeteria food! Joe was surprised at how much food I put down, calling me a "machine". That made me feel great! Good thing I'm only 2 lbs from my pre-pregnacny weight or I would've felt like shit!

I hope that everyone enjoyed their Thanksgivings! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment