Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 49: Frankie's mama writes the blog.

It has been a long time since I have written the blog. Well, 7 weeks to be exact. We have been here 7 weeks today so that means Mr. Frankie is almost 2 months old!

Not many changes today. They did take Frankie off of the Dexamethasone (steroid) and they started him on the new one that he will be getting for 4 weeks. Prednisolone is the new roid that he is be on. They will ween him from it over these next 4 weeks, too. Frankie is now down to 1 liter on his flow! Woohoo! Tomorrow he may be getting his oxygen off the wall (which is what we can go home on). His oxygen is still at 40-50% depending on his mood. If he is resting or just his happy little self, 40% will do it. If he his pissed and raging, which happens during diaper changes, we set him at about 50%. It's crazy. Now that his flow is turned down so low, we no longer drown him (Thanks God) and we also don't hear the oxygen, which means we can't hear him breathing! I didn't realize how much I depended on that! I find myself watching him to make sure he's breathing. Obviously he is! We're just not used to the "normal" breathing just yet.

Frankie is also eating more from a bottle! Another woohoo! He is allowed to take up to 60ml by bottle and then they give the other 15ml through the tube. Well... who took all 75ml from a bottle today?! This baby did! Go Frankie! If he can do 75ml every feeding for a couple days... out comes the feeding tube AND we're one step closer to H.O.M.E. Hopefully that will be within the next couple of weeks if we keep going forward at this rate. I'm not gonna lie, the nurse practitioner gave me trouble for feeding him more than I was supposed to be sheesh, I didn't force him! He chugged it down on his own. She was okay with it, just had to give me trouble.

We had several visitors today, too. Matt and Christie Cooper came up from Union MO to see the little stud muffin. We were so happy to see them! It's been so very long! Happy anniversary to them, by the way! Also, Cara and Tino and their 2 cutie pies, Tino and Sal came up. So good to see them! I didn't get to see the boys but Joe did. It was good to see everyone today!

We are officially over the food here. Cafeteria food for 7 weeks.... I'm ready to be home cooking for my boys! Hopefully soon! Keep up the prayers and I'm sure it will happen! We are so, so thankful for all of you who follow and read Frankie's blog daily. Means a lot to us! We also are very thankful for all the love and support we have gotten during this time. It really shows us how much we are loved! And we love you guys back!

Sorry this wasn't so entertaining and themed, but it gets the job done! Much love everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Joe does do a great job, but I love hearing from you too Alex! :) So happy for Frankie and the prayers are still coming from Texas. They do call this "God's country" around here. LOL. You should look into the Angel Monitor for when you do take Frankie home. It will always tell you when he's breathing while he's sleeping. It's my favorite thing. Well worth the money. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait until he has no monitors. When we brought Elizabeth home, I kept looking up to check her stats. I found them so reassuring at the hospital and was a little lost without them at home. I quickly got over it. When you're ready to transition to home, I have a couple tips for you. We show Nathan the picutre of baby Frankie and he can't wait to meet him. :)

    ReplyDelete