Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 53: I told you we'd be riding the coaster back up today.

I arrived today at about 10:45am. When I got here, Frankie had just been switched back over to oxygen off the wall (I'm almost afraid to woohoo and jinx us). He's been doing well on it all day. He's been sitting at about 30-35% all day unless eating or diaper changes. Then he is at about 40-45% and when he is calmed we turn him back down.

Frankie had a busy day today. I fed him when I got here and then we hung out together until therapy came in at 1:30. When therapy arrived we got to play! We got out his mat, blanket and toys and did some exercises. She showed me how to do an altered tummy time for him, some neck exercises, finger stretches and little tricks to get him to reach and feel for toys. Frankie is so alert! He grabs at his toys and does really well holding his head up! The therapist is impressed and says he's doing very well.

There are so many people that come in and out during the day. Frankie got to nap but every time I shut my eyes, someone would come in and start chatting with me. Can't you see I'm trying to watch the eyelid movie? :)

Joe got here around 4:15 today. He fed Mr. Frankie his 5:00 bottle while I went and made more milk (feeling very much like a cow these days). We hung out with Frankie for awhile before deciding to go eat at Pi for dinner. Pi = yumminess. Just sayin'.

Not much has changed today besides the oxygen (yay!). He is still eating about 30-50ml of his 75ml bottles. Then we are putting the rest down the tube. He is now weighing in at about 7lbs 11 oz! His omphalocele is definitely smaller. We can now wrap it with one large Xeroform! Keeping sending prayers this way! We truly appreciate them! Love to you all.
Playing during physical therapy

Chubby Cheeser


No comments:

Post a Comment