Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 27: Frankie Fanatic awake and happy....

So before I tell you about Frankie, let me tell you about the 2nd greatest thing to happen in my life, bigger pants. I call them the Cinderella pants because there is only one place she wanted to be, that's the ballroom of course.  Frankie Fish has had a wonderful day. He has been wide eyed and happy the whole time we have been here. His oxygen is down to 3 liters at 40% and he seems to be handling it very well. His feeds are up to 7cc's an hour again. Our first visitor was Granny Sue. Strange woman, see the below picture. Gotta love cell phone cameras. She finally got to hold the boy and make all kind of weird noises and recite all the Dr. Seuss books by heart. Next was Uncle Jimmy Hogan, followed by Aunt Laurie. They brought us dinner which was wonderful. It was more like dinner and a show. Mitchell is quite the funny man. I am considering letting him write these from now on. After dinner we came up and I held Frankie Flounder for the rest of the evening as I read the news on my phone. I am writing this a little early this evening because I may have to run to Jeff city in the morning. Like I said last night, we were approved for medicaid premium health insure. It is called MO Healthnet. I spoke to the agent here at Children's this evening about it. It's goofy as all hell. We were approved for $174 a month for the first month, but we don't need that since Alex's health insurance covers that. The following month is $71 and the third month will be free since Alex will not be paid for that time off of work. By the time we sat down with the agent, it was 4:30 pm. She told me that the medicaid insurance wouldn't start until they receive the first payment. But here is the kicker, their programming is still MS-DOS based, they do not accept payment via phone, credit card, or any other present day currency. They can do direct withdraw, but that takes 30 days to set up. They only accept check. If I mail a check today, it wouldn't arrive until Monday at the earliest and then still need to processed. Monday Frankie Financial with be 1 month old and Alex's insurance will stop covering him. At 10K a day, we can't afford there to be any gap in coverage. I could not get a hold of MO Healthnet directly because I didn't get done with the agent here until after 5 and they were closed. So now I have to call first thing in the morning and more than likely drive them a payment to them in Jefferson City so there is no gap in coverage. Here is what is even more crazy, that if Frankie Funny gets approved for another type of medicaid for being "disabled", then it supersedes all of this and they automatically pay for all of it, but it takes 90 days before we figure that out. This is such last minute thing because our agent was sick and out of the office all last week. Oh well. It will be nice weather for a road trip.













"You wanna rests on my breasts?"






1 comment:

  1. HE LOOKS LIKE SUCH A LITTLE MAN IN THESE PHOTOS. I HAVE TO SEE HIM SOON. I AM HAVING FRANKIE WITHDRAW!! XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete