Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 18: Frankie Fragile Fingers


Man nothing calms this boy but a constant pat on the backside. I read about colic, but it says just for a couple hours each day at around the same time frame. This is way too much to be colic it sounds. I really think he is hurting. He falls asleep for anywhere from 30 seconds to 15 minutes at a time but then wakes up and cries. Some are pretty substantial cries too. He had his air turned up this morning, steady Tylenol during the day, and even had a fever this afternoon. Not much of a fever, but enough that a wet rag, naked baby, and turned down room temp got it to break quick. We brought in his personal swing from home since it has a vibration setting, it that only worked for minute or two. I think the straps were uncomfortable. We left the top ones off, but I think he ended up laying on those. We had it set up on top of the crib with the mobile spinning too. It was like an amusement park.   Beside that, today has been quite boring. Just taking turns patting him on the ass. Finally we walked away and hoped he would just cry it out, but that only worked for a short while. We hate to think that he is hurting, but we have no other answers. I know today's is short and boring. I promise to make it up tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. I love looking into those bright eyes of his. He is getting so big. Ohh I just want to squeeze him.

    ReplyDelete