Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 26: Frankie Federal Sleeps, Bathes, and Sleeps Some More

Holy Moly it's getting tough to find F words to go with Frankie's name that I haven't used. Even harder to find ones that make sense. Frankie Fajita had an exciting morning. He got to hang out in a new rocker thingamajigger with a therapist this afternoon. He opened up about his childhood, the tough time he went through with a skin rash that made him look like Tony La Russa, and how he felt like he's tied down all the time.  Another new swing thing means we are really running out of real estate in this room. I wonder if Alex would get offended if I made her sit in the hall. His oxygen is down to 3 liters at 50%. His feeds are up to 5cc an hour. No more antibiotics and after speaking to the docs today, the verdict is still out on whether Frank and Beans beans are dropping or if it's a hernia. The boy was supposedly up all morning and slept through a ton of night visitors. My Dad came by and finally got to hold Frankie Forehead. Jaclyn came with him and gave holding Frank and Bake a chance. Which by the way, Jack Attack just turned 21 two minutes ago. Make sure to wish her a Happy Birthday. Naked Nate Helms also dropped in to interview me for a school paper. It was kind of trippy, he wrote a paper on interviewing me and not on the interview. Make sense? Thought so. Craig and Emily Ratliff also came by and visited. After everyone left, we gave Frankie Fiesta (must be a mexican themed night) a bath. He has been sawing logs since.  We find out what medicaid pricing we are covered under tomorrow. It will not be free since we make too much money (yeah right). It will either be $22, $71 or $174 a month and we will find out tomorrow. If I am not mistaken, when my nephew Sal was in the NICU for 9 days, it cost $68,000 (which was covered by insurance). That would mean $225,000 a month to be here. How crazy. I gave $185,000 for my house and I get to stay there a lot longer than a month. I am not into politics and all the bullshit, but I do find this to be ridiculous. Here are our options for medical coverage and thank God for medicaid. If we insure the boy under Alex's work, it would be $900 a month for a family plan. What your work offers is a group plan. Group plans carry a higher monthly rate because they accept everyone at the same monthly rate, whether they are 18 and heathly as a horse or 90 and dying of cancer. You don't realize this rate is higher because your work covers a portion of the premium. What I have is an independent plan since I am a small business owner. This plan is cheaper for me since I am young and healthy. Now if I was to get an independent plan on Frankie, he could not be denied coverage based on a pre-exhisting condition thanks to Obama. But they could do up to a 500% rate increase. Yes, 500%. So if a "normal and healthy" baby is $100-150 a month, then the Frankster would be $500-$750 a month. The mortgage on my first house was that much. I would go broke real quick. Isn't that a joke? My son, the ones the rich and healthy complain about because he would make government health care impossible. This little angel didn't do anything wrong, he was born this way and doesn't to deserve to be, or to put us, in the poor house. Maybe I should teach him to say "eh" first and then we wouldn't haven't to worry about health care. And we would have government provided health care and the rest of our wienies if it wasn't for World Wars. ( I do know that I can't believe everything I read)  See the following link as I step down from my soapbox now....

http://www.historyofcircumcision.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=8&id=73

 Mama Said Knock You Out
 I'm The Greatest
 Boxing Poster






3 comments:

  1. That last photo slays me! He is just the cutest little thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant Frankie, of course, but Joe is cute, too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you come to my house and explain health care to me; I did not follow anything you said about it; I am quite confused actually... ;)

    ReplyDelete