Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 9: Bath Time For Frankie No Nose




Frankie Blue Eyes is doing much better today. Still short breaths but a lot deeper and more steady than they were. No more Tylonel and no more bed warmer. They moved Frankie to a crib today. While the boy is doing much better, they/we still have it set up for no visitors through Tuesday.  My brother Tino and sister-in-law Cara brought us up dinner tonight. It was very nice to have a warm dinner. As far as Alex and I, we got to cuddle with the boy a bunch, including me and him taking a nap together. We watched the movie Cape Fear as we hung out. The most exciting part of the night was getting to bathe him for the first time. After washing his hair, we might just have a blondie. Uh oh. The other excitement came via Frankie's oxygen line. It is connected to a humidifier as not to dry out his nose and it does collect moisture in the line. When moving him, the water came loose from the walls of the tube and blew up his nose.  He proceeded to choke on the water. I about had a fucking heart attack. I am patting his back and Alex was grabbing a nurse. He was fine, and recovered quickly, as he just got a little water up his nose, but man did my heart stop. He hasn't been very fussy or anything but that is because I think he has been drinking. He keeps getting the hiccups and I know I only get those when I'm druuuunk. They started feeding him again today. They give him 1 cc (milliliter) an hour of hot momma's milk via a steady feed feeding tube. Also no more fever if I haven't already mentioned that. Those new neighbors of ours aren't too friendly. I tried to borrow a cup of sugar and they refused. And boy does that baby cry. I didn't realize how quiet Frankie Two Times was until Senor Pipes moved in across the way. Frankie spent a lot of time awake tonight, letting me see those eye balls of his. When they are open wide, there is no doubting Alex is the momma. Up until then, we weren't quite sure. My aunt Karen got us a book today, but after hours of trying, I still can't get Frankie Good Glance to read it to me. I have included a couple pictures, but as always there is more in my photobucket account at...

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj179/JoeyDi84/Frankie/

P.S. As I sit here and write this, Frankie Farts just let me know that his pressure release system is working.





No comments:

Post a Comment