Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 3 and 4 Life as a Ladies Man



Days 3 and 4 are boring, which is awesome. The omphalocele membrane is becoming tougher and more opaque, before you could see through it, not so much anymore. Few more days of this and they will be able to start applying the silvadene, which is the burn cream. He is so well behaved. Only fusses when he is fussed with. Alex started making milk, so those bad boys aren't just for decoration anymore. She tried to feed him and he refused, so he got a feeding tube so they could give him the milk. But as faith would have it, magic hands DiFranco not only can quiet the boy but can get him to eat too. I fed him tonight around 9 pm, which was only the 3rd time I have held him, and got him to take down 6cc's of milk. Yeah baby! I have told everyone about the blog, including student nurses who were on a tour of the NICU today. My goal is to have Frankie become an internet sensation so I can retire. Alex will be discharged tomorrow around noonish. We have until then to fill out the Birth Certificate info or there is a bunch of paper work to do it later. She wants Frankie as his proper name. I am shooting for Francenzo. Other options are Franco (Italian), Franklin (English), or Francesco (French). I plan on winning, but just remember Frankie, when you look back at this blog in 20 years, and if you don't like your name, it's your Mother's fault. But also remember this boy, I love you more than anything else in the world and will never let you down, like I said, it was your mother's fault.  




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I am so happy for you and your little family! Prayers do amazing things, and now you and I both have proof!! I am so happy that you have already been able to hold him!! I am sending you prayers and happy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! My name is Ahryll one of the student nurses that you introduced to your handsome little boy during our tour of the NICU. I just wanted to say congratulations on little Frankie's improvement and that my prayers are with you and your family! I also wanted to personally thank you for allowing us the opportunity to see Frankie and to track how well he's doing. We throughly enjoyed our tour thanks to Frankie, and he was by far one of the cutest little ones I'd seen at the NICU :) Best wishes!!
    - Ahryll SN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meaghan- Thank you so much! Prayers are
    Amazing and we certainly do have proof! We are lucky parents!!!
    Ahryll- I'm glad you got to meet our little Frankie! He is a doll and I'm happy to share his story in order to help others learn.

    ReplyDelete