Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 11: I don't know about him but I am sleepy

 Today has been a rather uneventful day is which is nice. We got here around 3 and had the boy wide awake until 5. He was happy and very well behaved. The nurse noticed the blanket was wet with something besides urine and thought the omphalocele was leaking. The surgeons came by and changed the wrapping. It did not appear to be leaking, but you never quite know. It does appear to be smaller. I took a new picture. At around 6, Alex and I went to get dinner. Apparently while we were eating, he had a crying spell that lasted about 15 minutes. He then passed gas and went to the bathroom, twice. They think it might be gas getting stuck considering both exits are well below the gut. Beside that, we had a quiet night. We watched a movie and took a nap. His breathing is around 75-80 bpm but he looks comfortable. We have been very worried about his breathing, as we thought it was life threatening. While it obviously can be, there are many things they can do if it worsens such as the "scuba" mask, incubator, ventilator so on and so forth. He is on 3 liters of 40% oxygen and while the nurses want to wean him off, the written order has been "forgotten". Normally I am more entertaining in these blogs, but I honestly woke up from a nap 30 seconds before I started writing this. For all I know, I am on blogging on someone else's blog.

P.S. We have over 175 visitors to this blog everyday. Frankie is definitely loved.

I just got home and have thought of a couple things to add as I am a little more awake now. We will start having visitors starting tomorrow (Wednesday). Just immediate family please at first. We can only have 2 people in his room at once, that includes Alex and I. I.E. Alex and Bruce Willis, Me and Scarlett Johansson,  my Dad and Brooke Burke, and/or any other celebrities that drop in.

And now for this weeks question and answer segment. Today's question is from Patty Carter from lovely Affton MO.
 
Dear Super Awesome Parents of the Coolest Cat in Town,
 
Thanks for updating your blog everyday. It makes us feel like we are right there with you. You are all in my prayers everyday.

I do have a question: Did you get any of the test results that were ran after Frankie was born? You had said they retested a bunch of stuff and I just was wondering the results. (only if you want to share).
Love ya,
Patty
 
Dear Patty,
 
Everything they have tested came back good / normal except for his heart. But the abnormalness of his heart is actually quite normal. They have told us that a lot of babies have a hard time converting over to breathing from not in the womb. They did another heart echo yesterday and while he is not perfect at all, his septum between the left and right chambers isn't as collapsed. So in other words he is doing better. Don't quote me on the above, as I only play a doctor on TV. Now if they were to explain this stuff as drivers side and passenger sides of the heart, I would probably grasp it a little better. I know his brain looked good and his cultures have also come back good.
 
If you have any questions or comments you would like to ask, please send them to....

joe.difranco@yahoo.com or Scruff McGruff at Chicago, Illinois 60652 to help us Take A Bite Out Of Crime. 








1 comment:

  1. I just can't het over his big eyes, so handsome. Love you three and can't wait to see the little man again.

    Love,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete