Friday, September 30, 2011

Day 14: Frankie Flirts gets all the ladies....





My boy is having a great day. Behaving very good today. So well, I think we may sneak out early tonight and go clubbin. But then again, it would probably be a waste without my wing man. You should see all the pretty girls that talk to us on a daily basis. Never mind the fact that they include his mother and paid nurses. Frankie Stars got a fancy new mobile for his crib tonight. I felt like MacGyver, we bought this thing new from Babies R Us tonight and it had manufactured defects. Here I am with a pocket knife, a piece of gum, and a shoelace (ok really I had a pocket knife and a screwdriver) fixing this new toy. The mobile even has a remote control to start from my lazyboy across the room. That wasn't even a lie, I really sit in this lazy boy and fire it up via wireless remote control. My mother came up and joined us for the evening.  We had a blast. You can't help but laugh when she is around. The nurses were damn near blushing from hearing us talk. Frankie Foots has been keeping it real all night. He has been awake almost all night. I guess he is feeling better. Feeds are up to 6ccs an hour. They weighed him and he weighed in at over 7 pounds 2 ounces. Check out the picture above, doesn't he look like a contortionist? Really that's his hand with a sock on it, but it made for a funny picture. Nothing else is really new, no idea why he had fever yesterday. No bad results from any of the tests we have results from. His breathing seams a little deeper, but still in the 70-80 bpm range. Of course as I write about how well he has been all night, his oxygen saturation continues to be problematic. They shoot for 95% saturation or higher. He keeps dipping down to 93%. He has just finally fallen asleep so hopefully it is just because he is so sound asleep. They just gave his oxygen mix a bump and resituated him as his chin was in his chest, so lets see what happens. The other big change is that we switched from Sinatra radio to Rockabilly radio. Alex proofread this for me as always (even though I did find some errors rereading yesterdays blog) so a little time has passed since his oxygen problem. It is still coming and going so they might bump his oxygen up again before we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment