Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 2 of the adventures of Frankie Michael





 Sorry pictures and videos are in absolutely no order and I don't feel like straightening it out right now so you may see Alex's don't take my picture I'm in labor number followed by her holding our baby followed by her having our baby. He doesn't cry much. I took the above video because it was the first time I heard him really cry.  Enjoy!

To begin with Alex, she spent most of the day roaming the halls and visiting Frankie. She is doing well, moving around pretty good and in mild pain. Her blood pressure is still up though. Update 8:23 pm, her blood pressure is finally 137/89, so within spec. Hopefully it stays there. She has been pumping all day trying to get something for the little guy to eat. Hopefully we will have something soon for him. He is getting nutrients and fluids through an iv right now so he isn't starving.

Frankie is doing awesome. Beside the fact he has a mound on his belly that include organs and possibly lost jewels, he is as healthy as a horse. Everything works. We finally got to hold him this afternoon. It was amazing. They did a heart echo today and found nothing from what we gathered but we have to talk to the person who did the test to get all the info.

The Monsignor from my mother's church came up and did an "emergency" baptism on the boy. My brother in law Cody and my sister Jaclyn are the god parents. The Monsignor had stopped mass 3 times in each of the 4 masses he led (Saturday and Sunday) to have everyone pray for Frankie. This chokes me up every time I think about it.

I want to thank all our friends and family for being here and supporting us so much. I don't know how I can ever repay them. I feel bad for not being able to give them the attention I think they deserve when they are here, but I know they understand.

I also want to thank the staff. They have been doing their job well. Alex's OB, Jennifer Smith, we would really like to thank. Alex says that not only does she do her job as Doctor superbly, she's also a wonderful person on a friend level. She not only does an A+ job on the medical front, but also does an A+ job on the psychological front, making her feel comfortable and safe. Unfortunately we missed her as she dropped in today, but hope this message will reach her.

 As far as the omphalocele, I know everyone is too polite to ask to see it and would never ask. We (Frankie, Alex, and I) are not ashamed of it in anyway. We love him and everything about him, as I am sure everyone else is. I have included pictures and videos from the past few days, including the O. Isn't he a handsome little stud?


















In this picture, you can see where the umbilical cord was cut. The organs are in the "umbilical cord".












6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! He looks amazing! The O looks good, as far as O's go :) congratulations! Parenthood is a blast! Enjoy! When do the surgeries begin? Don't forget to ask for Mallory Goepel in the NICU! I already told her Frankie was coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...thank you so very much for sharing, he's beautiful! Absolutely amazing! There's no words to describe the unconditional love for your child. Frankie has a long journey ahead, but he's blessed with 2 awesome parents and an unbelievable support system. Please continue to update his progress. My thoughts and prayers are with you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are with the three of you!! Tommy and I want to come up and see you 3 and we know that kids are not allowed to see Frankie (Cambel has a cold any who and I would not want her up there getting you sick) so with that said we are going to get up there this week. I hope you know that we love you guys so much and have not forgotten about you. I know Joe you and Tommy have been talking and Alex I want you to know that I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!! See the 3 of you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.s.
    He is beautiful!! You guys are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you have a fantastic medical team! Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww he is so precious!!! I will pray for him! ;)

    ReplyDelete