Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Post Op Day 7

FRANKIE IS HOME! I can not believe it! He is doing well. He's more and more himself each day. As soon as he got in the car, he lit up. He started talking more, smiling and laughing more. Thank goodness! Once we were home, he ate well orally and played with all his toys. He didn't nap much though. He has the separation anxiety that I knew he'd get. He wants Joe and me to be here, in site, at all times. He's afraid, I'm sure, that someone is going to bother him or hurt him. We've gone through this before. He slept on me for about 30-40 minutes but that's all. He just fell asleep in his bed for the night. It was a struggle to get him to sleep. Broke my heart but he's good now. Getting these babies back on schedule is going to be some work! 

He's only had one dose of ibuprofen today and he seems comfortable. And eating a lot. Asking for food and water a lot. It's great. Praying this keeps up. 

He sees the pediatrician next week on the 9th for a follow up and then he sees Keller August 1st for his follow up with him. I have to be sure to get a picture of the two of them together.

Walking out of SLCH today, I was fighting back tears like you wouldn't believe. Once we got in the car and headed toward the exit, I lost it. I remember so vividly the first time we walked into SLCH when I was pregnant with Frankie. We were meeting the Fetal Care Center to talk about Frankie. A couple days before, I had gotten my amnio. Joe and I were sitting in a conference room with the fetal care coordinator, a surgeon and a neonatologist. Listening to the things they had to say was unbelievable. Lots of sad things and not the best of outcomes. The outcome of the pregnancy did not look good. But since Frankie didn't have any chromosome abnormalities and his heart looked good (so we thought) then there was no reason for us not to fight for Frankie. So, here we were walking out of SLCH with Frankie, 21 months old, repaired. Pphn is gone, ASD repaired and his O repaired. All the things that were battling against him, he overcame. Like a champ. He has defied odds countless times. Joe and I are so thankful to have such a stronger fighter and the support of all of our family and friends. 

Thank you all. So much. I will post another update in a couple of days unless Frankie starts doing cartwheels or backflips. :) it's possible! Love you all, very much. 
         In the car on the way home! 
                   Post op- 1 week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment