Monday, July 1, 2013

Post Op Day 6

Frankie said goodbye to 2 more things today! His O2 and his drain! Wait, make that 3. No more antibiotics either! He still has his iv in but it's not being used. They're  flushing it just in case. It'll be the last thing to go. 

As you can imagine, it's hard to sleep in the hospital. That being said, Frankie didn't nap well at all today (neither did Lu). It took me 2 hours to get him and Lu to sleep this evening since they were both overly exhausted. I kindly asked the nurse to have the tech hold off on vitals as much as she could tonight. We shall see how that goes. 

Frankie ate a lot orally today. Joe and I are impressed! We hope this keeps up! We've been slowly increasing his soy formula and he's doing well with that, too. 

The nurse told us that it's written in the computer for us to be discharged tomorrow. I sure hope so! We're all yearning for our home routine. 

Frankie got to go play in the rooftop garden today! Fresh air at last! He's still wobbly on his feet. Gaining strength each day. I'm just beyond thankful, blessed and amazed at all the differences a little sleep and healing from one day to the next can make! It's unreal. 

Lets all be sure to keep Frankie's O brother Hayden in your prayers, too. He needs prayers for rest, relaxation and strength. Don't forget about his amazing parents, too! Love to the Hoskins! 

Short and simple this evening. I like it. Love to you all! 
The hospital that has saved my babies life! This place will forever have a special spot in my heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment