Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Meeting with surgeon and chiropractor visit.

This morning we met with the surgeon and the newborn medicine doctor. There are several different scenarios that we could go through, but no matter which one we go through, there is something they can do for our little Frankie! We aren't sure which scenario we will be living until he is here. They need to see him, the O and his lungs to determine what they will be doing and when they will do it. If the O is leaking, then surgery is more of an urgency. If it is not leaking and they can wrap it, then it is not. So, we just have to wait until he is here to really know what is going on. But, rest assured, there are several different things they can do for our little guy! He may be in the NICU for a month, 2 weeks, 3 months, it all depends on how everything goes. Joe and I both have a good feeling about this and that Frankie is a stubborn, strong little guy! We're hoping and praying for the best of all the scenarios.

We also toured labor and delivery at Barnes which was nice because now we know where to go when it's time! Speaking of the time, they are planning and hoping to do the c-section on September 19th. This isn't set in stone yet. They have to monitor him and make sure that his growth is above the 10%. If it is not and his growth stops due to the placenta not providing enough nutrients, he will be here sooner than the 19th. I'm hoping he camps out and keeps growing so that I am 39 weeks 2 days when he gets here! The longer the better for him. About a month before my due date, we will have a set in stone time that we will be having the c-section. Most likely early in the morning. Just so everyone knows, so no feelings are hurt at all, it's going to be tough visiting, at first. You can visit me all day everyday, but being able to see Frankie isn't going to be the easiest, just at first. Right after birth he will need all the medical attention necessary. I, the mother, will not even be able to hold him for 4-6 hours after birth :( I'm okay with it, as long as he's healthy! So, once I get to see my little guy and hold him and we know all is okay, they should let us be able to bring other people into the NICU. They have strict guidelines at the NICU on hand washing and only 2 people back in the babies room at a time. Just so everyone knows! If I learn of anymore strange rules and regulations, I'll be sure to let everyone know ahead of time! I will be in Barnes for probably 4 days because of the c-section, but luckily it's right next door to Children's and they can wheel me over there to see him! All day if I want to!


Visiting the NICU was great. The doctors and nurses are amazing there and we look forward to them taking care of our baby. Children's Hospital is an absolutely amazing place!!!!

The chiropractor went great! My upper back was totally jammed up and all out of alignment because so many things are growing and changing in my body. After a couple more adjustments, I should be good to go! I already feel better after one!

Keep the prayers coming! We appreciate them more than you'll ever know! Love to you all!

2 comments:

  1. We're so happy to hear that!! We're praying and thinking of you all everyday! Alex- your so strong & brave, we can't wait to give you a real hug and show you how proud we are!! Joe- We're so happy to have you as a part of the family!!! We're here if you ever need anything! Frankie- Asiah made it and is strong and healthy and we plan on bring you into the world that way too!!
    Love, prayers and hugs!
    Greg and Dre

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is all so great that things are progressing well. I think you are right: Frankie is a fighter and will be fine!

    And, if he is to be born in September, he could easily share a birthday with one of us. Roland, Christine and I all have September birthdays.

    Won't be long now! Love to all three of you, Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete