Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Doctor's Visit June, 15th 2011

Hello! Today was another great appointment! I was there for what felt like an eternity (almost 2 hours) but it was worth it!

The first thing I did was have my blood drawn to check for diabetes. I will hear the results of that tomorrow. As soon as I get them, I will post them on here.

Second I had my ultrasound. Holy cow he is getting big! He now weighs in at 1 lb and 11 oz. and is roughly 13.5 in long. He no longer looks like a skinny, scary baby! His cheeks are filling out! They checked on his kidneys, stomach, bladder, heart, brain, the O and all of the in between. Everything is looking great! They check for fluid around the heart and the O. If there is fluid present then he is in distress and isn't doing well. Thankfully, there is no fluid present! We're pretty sure that he's going to look like his daddy from the 3d pictures today and that he is going to have a hilarious personality by the way he acted today during the ultrasound. His abdomen looks much larger than the O now which is amazing! I remember looking at the O and it consumed his body. It was scary! But, thankfully he is getting bigger and kicking this O's ass! 

Lastly, I met with my OB. She said everything looks great! She said things couldn't be better considering how scared we all were when this all came about. My weight is good, Frankie's weight and growth is great, and my belly measures correctly.  The only concern we talked about was my terrible upper back pain. Conclusion, get a bigger bra because I have clearly out grown the one I currently have on and if that doesn't fix it, I have a script to see a chiropractor because it's not going to get any better the larger I get!

I couldn't have asked for a better appointment today. We are both so thankful that are little guy is doing so great. He is one tough cookie! I thank you all again and again and can't thank you enough for all of the support and prayers! We appreciate it so very much and are thankful for each and every one of you! I am attaching a new picture of Frankie!

Next appointment: June 22nd- at 9:30am we will be meeting with the surgeons again to discuss Frankie's options once he is here. We will then be taking a tour of the NICU where Frankie will spend some good, quality time and we will also tour the labor and deliver at Barnes where I will be having the c section.
This may be hard to see but it is a 3d, side view of his face. His chunky cheek and his cute little nose and mouth. He still thoroughly enjoys having his hands and one foot by his face. I'm interested to see his sleeping position once he's born! Love to you all!

1 comment: