Monday, August 22, 2011

Braxton Hicks, dehydration, contractions? Oh my!

Hello all! So, I woke up this morning not feeling the greatest. As the work day went on, things weren't getting any better. I had pains and such in my abdomen and finally decided to call the doctor and she told me to come on in. Well, on Saturday I had some lovely food posioning that took literally everything out of me. Doctor said my cervix is getting soft but not enough for the baby to come yet, it hasn't dropped yet and I'm not even considered 1 centimeter dilated. Needless to say, he won't be here today! Thankfully! Why am I having contractions and stuff? Could be a few things:
1. Braxton Hicks contractions
2. Dehydration from food poisoning that will lead to early labor. MUST DRINK TONS OF FLUIDS!
3. Contractions because my body is getting ready for the big day!

Whatever it is, he is doing okay. He's moving around a lot and his heart sounds good. Doctor does think that he will be here within a couple weeks, as do I. No sooner than 37 though. They will try and stop labor before then. I will truly be surprised if I actually make it to the scheduled section date. If I do, that's fantastic! But, I'm preparing myself not to. Just in case! I am working part time now so it should help keep him in there as long as possible! I won't be going to my appointment on Thursday since I went today unless necessary,  but it shouldn't be. That's all I've got for now! Love to you all! Time for more rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment