Thursday, May 16, 2013

Holy moly, it's happening!

We took Frankie to see pediatric surgery today (Dr. Keller) and he is ready to start Frankie's O repair/closure surgery! Hopefully only one surgery is necessary but most likely a couple. 

SURGERY IS SCHEDULED FOR JUNE 25th! Early morning. Not sure on an exact time until the day before. 

Is this really happening? I swear I just was in the OR delivering him and being terrified! And I swear we were just in the NICU wondering when we could take our baby home! I'm happy, scared, nervous all at the same time! This is a MAJOR, MAJOR step. Like, the beginning of the end! Wow! -tears in my eyes- 

Keller is hoping to put a g-tube in at the time of surgery but if he has to use alloderm, he's going to wait until it's healed to do that. Otherwise there's far too much risk for infection. We DO NOT need that! Dr. Keller is very confident in Frankie and thinks he will do great. He said his heart was the worst of it all and since that's all fixed, this should be a breeze for Frankie! Very hopeful that is the way things will go! He's been through the toughest part already so he should rock this! Keller anticipates us being there for a week. Being in the ICU the first night as long as there's no complications. Then we will move to the surgery floor. 

I am typically on top of all my questions and concerns, but today I was just fumbling over my words once he said let's do this! All my questions went out the door, lost in space. I was a nervous wreck. I had I apologize to the doc because I was all over the place. He understood! 

Anyhow, I'm rambling. This is a big deal and I have all the faith in the world that Frankie will do well and that the doctors and nurses will take exceptional care of him, as usual. This is just so scary. These next 6 weeks are going to be tough for me, emotionally but as a family and with all of the love and support we get, we will all get through! 

If there's questions (since my mind is all over), don't hesitate to ask me! 

Send your prayers to Frankie! Love you all! And thank you SO MUCH! 
Chilling at the doctor today! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Alex, Joe, and Frankie.....

    That is such wonderful news! We are all so happy to hear you are about to start the next leg of your journey. Scary and exciting all at once! Our next appt. is in 2 weeks and we are hoping to hear the same thing. I have my questions started, but I am sure I will forget them also!

    We will be thinking about you guys!

    ReplyDelete