Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tis' the season... For colds that is!

Yes, this is a repetitive, protective mama bear post, but someone's gotta do it.

Trust me. I know how adorable little Frankie bear is. All I want to do is kiss and kiss and kiss on him. And squeeze him! And I do, but I'm his mama. Lucky me! :) But, after going through Thanksgiving and with Christmas just around the corner, I can not stress enough how important it is for Frankie to remain healthy this cold/flu season. If we are to make it to all of the family events this season, everyone and I mean EVERYONE must help us out. That being said, please, please, PLEASE....
- Wash your hands! And often. It's not only good for Frankie but for you, too! And everyone else around you. Good hygiene isn't a bad thing folks! Especially after using the restroom. Come on now, do I really need to be telling people this? Apparently.
-Kisses. This is tough. Frankie is so sweet and will throw out a kick to just about anyone who asks but, I think we need to be a little more careful with all the people we have been exposed to lately and who they've been exposed to and so on. It's endless.
-If you feel a little puny, we will see ya next time! ;) No worries. Tomorrow is always another day.
-If you have been around someone who's sick or not feeling well, we will see ya next time. Tomorrow is always another day.

I know I may sound crazy to some folks but you have to understand. My child isn't the "typical" child and I have to do what's best for him. As the cardiologist stated himself, "His lungs aren't in the clear yet." That means we still need to be careful so that we don't end up hospitalized again. That's not fun and can be very serious. That's why Frankie gets the RSV shots again this season which cost $5,000 a pop (1 a month for 5-6 months). Thank God for health insurance. But, they only give these shots to the children who are truly, truly in need.

Yes, he needs to be exposed to some things on order to build his system. He has been exposed. Over and over. That's why I write this.

So please, say what you will about this mama, just help me keep my child healthy so that we can see you through the holidays and everyday. Thanks a bunch! I sincerely mean that! Much love!

2 comments: