Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Amazing!

Today, my mom and I took Frankie to see Dr. Grady (cardiologist) for his final follow up on his asd repair.

First, the fellow came in, asked lots of questions, took a listen to him and said he looked and sounded great. Dr. Grady came in and then agreed. We were then sent off to get an echo to actually get a picture of how things are looking.


Frankie did great during his echo! He usually doesn't enjoy them but this time he laid in my lap and we watched a couple of his favorite music videos on my phone. When the doc came back with results I was extremely impressed with my child! I just couldn't believe it! Frankie's heart looks fantastic and his lung pressures do, too! We are not in the clear of the pphn yet but his pressures were certainly low enough that they couldn't measure them through the echo. This is tremendous! I mean, just 1 1/2 months ago Frankie was on oxygen, extra doses of meds and was having a hard time breathing! Now he is off of oxygen and they actually eliminated a medication today and dropped one of his doses of Sildenafil!GO FRANKIE, GO FRANKIE, GO FRANKIE! This kid is a freaking all star! I can't wait to see what his life entails!

I asked about his pphn and since it is getting better, the only real way to get a good look at it at this point would be to do another cardiac cath. They do not have a plan to do this, at least not for now. I'm sure we will in the future. We don't have to see cardiology for 6 months! That's right, 6 MONTHS! I almost peed my pants! Love this kid.

Frankie does have two other appointments this week, too. On Thursday morning I am taking him to see pediatric surgery because, unfortunately, his hernia has returned on one side. Joe and I are totally bummed... one more damn surgery. Ugh. So, Dr. Keller (surgeon) will be taking a look at that on Thursday morning and give us his opinion. Also on Thursday in the afternoon, Frankie will be having his one year appointment with neonatology. This appointment will take awhile. They do all of his screenings to see where his development is. He is doing this one a couple months late due to his asd repair but it's okay! Needless to say, Thursday is going to be a long day! Not sure how we are going to fit a nap in, but I will work it out!

That's all for now! Much love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment