Friday, December 16, 2011

Our second week home!

I started writing this on Wednesday but quickly got distracted with Frankie and we actually took a little trip to the ER at Children's. Let me start by saying that Frankie is okay! We went because of his hernia. He has had it for awhile but it was looking worse and we were concerned. I called newborn medicine and told them what was going on and they said to go to the ER and that they would let them know we were on our way. We saw the surgeon that we saw all the time in the Nicu and she said that since we could push it back up in there it was okay. I was concerned about the color of it, too. It doesn't look that color all the time so it's also not a concern at the moment. They were worried about the intestines being incarcerated and dying off. If that happens, it will be 100 times more difficult than a normal hernia. The surgeons wanted to wait and do the hernia surgery with the O surgery but I don't see that happening anymore. Since it is progressively getting worse, I see them doing the surgery before the O. We go to see the surgeons on Thursday, the 22nd at 8:50am. He will let us know what he wants to do and he will take a look at the O. I will keep everyone posted on the news from that appointment.

We aren't supposed to go see the cardiologist until the 24th of January. When I talked to newborn medicine today, I thought that it seemed like a long time away considering his PPHN is pretty "bad". She said that if I was concerned I could call and make the appointment sooner. He seems to be working a little harder to breath lately and it has me a little worried. It doesn't happen all the time but more so the last couple of days. I'm going to watch over him this weekend and call if necessary. Hopefully he's just having a rough day.

Frankie is continously gaining weight which is a plus. Hoping he keeps up the good growth so that he can outgrow this PPHN!

We seem to be in more of a routine now but some days are better than others. It's just so frustrating having him hooked up to all of this crap. I'm thankful to be home but I wish he wasn't hooked up to anything! I'm dying to just be able to scoop him up and take him wherever I want in the house without it being a big ordeal. And, I want to see his sweet face without shit on it.

So far, everyone has been doing really well with washing their hands and staying away when they aren't feeling well. I want to say THANK YOU for that and most importantly, Frankie's health thanks you! That being said, I still expect everyone to keep it up! :) Flu and cold season is only just beginning my friends!

We are looking forward to Frankie's first Christmas. We still aren't sure about how we will work all the family functions. It will be a last minute decision and we will let everyone know about it when the time comes.

We  were changing his face stuff. Look how beautiful! Wish he could look like this all the time!

I think that's all for now. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Please keep the prayers coming to the little fella. We may be home but we certainly are still just in the beginning of this journey. Thankful for you all. Much love!

 Fighting his sleep, as usual!



 Chillin' in his Bumbo!





No comments:

Post a Comment