Saturday, April 23, 2011

As for the Omphalocele...

Joe and I will meet with the surgeon and the neonatologist again once we are further along in the pregnancy just to discuss more on the surgeries to be done once Frankie has arrived. Frankie will need roughly 3 surgeries to get everything all back to normal. I will continue to see Dr. Smith (she's absolutely amazing!) probably every two weeks so that she can monitor the O (Omphalocele). Dr. Smith will come down to Barnes to deliver Frankie via c-section so that I can remain with her. Once Frankie has arrived, he will be going to Children's Hospital right next door to Barnes. Once at Children's, he will remain there for 1-3 months in the NICU. They will monitor Frankie, possibly feeding him intravenous until he is able to consume breast milk. Once the organs are inside the body, what takes the most time is waiting for the bowels to start working correctly. This could take up to 3 weeks. So, we will become very close with the staff of Children's Hospital and we are looking forward to it because it is one of the best hospitals in the world! Everyone there is so smart and kind! As for now, I am not going to go to the doctor next week because we have had a lot to deal with these past 2 weeks and I just want a break from being poked and prodded at! If you have any questions for either of us, email me and we'll get back to you asap! Love to you all and thanks to all of you for all your prayers thus far!!!!!



Frankie's cute little face! We just love him to pieces already! Strong boy!

7 comments:

  1. You were chosen to be the parents of this special boy for a reason. God sees what is in your hearts. Take care of yourselves and I will be praying for the 3 of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you all fervently! Find your strength in the presence and comfort of the Lord.

    We love you all!

    Brad, Amber, Ryan, JD, Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Alex... I read this last night when I got it and have reread it several times this morning. Huge blend of emotions from being angry, scared, saddened and most of all deeply moved by your strength, clarity and optimism. You are an incredible mother already my darling cousin. Baby Frankie (you know I'm going to call him Junior!) is the blend of two fierce loving parents. As much as there's a reason for everything- I'm so sorry that this is happening. You've been through hell and back and I wish this pregnancy had been uneventful. Count on me for anything you need! I love you guys so much and can wait to meet this little guy! I love you! Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so very much for your support and prayers. It means the world to me. Little Frankie will be a strong, healthy boy thanks to these prayers. We just have to get through the surgeries and I know we can. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi this is Oscar. My mom had me read all of your posts Alex. She thought it was better for me to hear this from you. After reading it I feel really sad. I think you and Joe are very very nice. I asked my mom if we could come see you soon. I hope we can. And Joe I think you'll be a really great Dad. I love you guys Oscar

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to hear everything is getting more positive! Children's Hospital is the best. My little brother had TONS of problems when he was a baby. He had a trache along with numerous other complications. Without the help of Children's Hospital he wouldn't have survived. Rest assured you're in the best hands possible. I'm so excited for you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oscar- You're an amazing child and I love you for every little word you said! Thank you!
    Adam- Things are looking up! Thanks babe!

    ReplyDelete