Saturday, December 29, 2012

Tummy Update

Well, we haven't even really talked about Frankie's tummy too much recently! It has been on the back burner for so long now! There isn't any new info that needs to be said but I figured we would post some pictures of his tummy so that everyone can see how it has progressed. When I took him to the surgeons a couple months ago, Dr. Keller said that he is still far too small to start any repairs. I am taking him back in February, just for another check up, and I'm sure they will say the same thing. He said he wouldn't consider a repair until he is AT LEAST two. I can see it being longer just because Frankie is so small. But, who knows! As normal, we are on Frankie time! And we have to do what is best for him! Shoving everything back in when he's not ready is the worst thing we can do for him. I don't want him to be hospitalized for a long time again and come across more complications. Anyhow... Here's some pictures. Ps- Yes, I was slacking at the crack of dawn this morning and my cloth diapers were in the other room so I grabbed a disposable!
 Completely unwrapped, hanging down because he's standing up.




 Wrapped in Xeroform and then gauze.



Complete! Last step is to compression wrap with an Ace Bandage. 

We are so thankful that Frankie has been doing so incredibly well! And that his O has reduced in size! He is SUCH a miracle! And we are thankful for all of you each and everyday for praying for him, continuously! Much love!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. He certainly looks expertly wrapped. You two are taking great care of him. Congratulations for that.

    ReplyDelete